[FLASH-USERS] LaserSlab extension

RIGON Gabriel gabriel.rigon at nagoya-u.jp
Mon Apr 5 21:02:58 EDT 2021

Hi,

To answer your question I will say all depends on exactly what you want
to do.

1. FLASH is mainly an hydro / MHD code. I don't think the approximation
relative to those approaches are true at a the nanometer scale.

2. If you want to simulate other material you can use:
     - multi-species simulations and defined the properties of each species
     - tabulated equations of state and opacities
     - you can also check the burn unit if you are interested in nuclear
reaction

3. To define the laser you need:
     - a target: position and dimension
     - a length: position and dimension
     - an angle (ed_semiAxisMajorTorsionAngle_1)
With this parameter you can define any laser incidence you may need.

Best regards,