[FLASH-USERS] how to perform 2D polar MHD simulations ?

Antoine Gintrand antoine.gintrand at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 09:18:06 EDT 2021

Dear flash users,

we would like to perform the simulation of a evolution
of a cylindrical blast wave in 2D polar geometry (r,phi)
with the presence of an ambient uniform magnetic field.

1) an axial magnetic field B_z along the axis z

2) an azimuthal magnetic field B_phi along axis phi

Unfortunately, we were unable to perform the simulation because when we run
the code
using polar 2D geometry, we get the error message

"[Hydro_computeDt] ERROR: Polar geometry not supported in 2D or 3D"

Here is the setup that we used and the flash.par file

./setup Windblownbubble_MHD_1D -auto -2d -nxb=64 -nyb=64 +hdf5typeio +polar
+usm species=spcl,spcr --with-unit=physics/Eos/EosMain/Multigamma

We would really appreciate if anyone have any suggestion on that,

Thank you very much for your help,

All the best,

Antoine