[FLASH-USERS] [EXT] Re: Laser across a 1D domain

Zach Barfield zachbarfield60 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 11:44:17 EDT 2021

Eddie's description is correct. Apologies for the lack of clarity.

I have been working in 2D cylindrical prior to this. My problem is the
finite size of the z-dimension, I would like to avoid this issue. My
understanding of this simulation space is that by restricting my domain to
1D (radius) I can approximate an infinitely-long axial dimension.

It is not clear to me how the absorption physics would be calculated
without dimension perpendicular to the radius.

-Zach