[FLASH-USERS] [EXT] Electron Energy Density, EELE_VAR, Initialization?

Reyes, Adam adam.reyes at rochester.edu
Fri Aug 27 14:00:43 EDT 2021

Hi Tony,

The EOS gets called during the grid initialization after Simulation_initBlock, you can look for instances of “Eos_wrapped”. The purpose is to ensure thermodynamic consistency between temperature pressure & internal energy in the initial conditions. How that is done depends on the choice of the Eos mode, controlled by the runtime parameter “eosModeInit”. You can look at Table 16.1<http://flash.uchicago.edu/site/flashcode/user_support/flash4_ug_4p62/node110.html#Tab:3TEos_MODES> from the users guide for the different options.

    eosModeInit [STRING] ["dens_ie"]
        Valid Values: "dens_ie", "dens_pres", "dens_temp", "dens_ie_all",
        "dens_ie_scatter", "dens_ie_gather", "dens_temp_equi", "dens_temp_all",
        "dens_temp_gather", "eos_nop"
        determines how to operate on thermodynamic quantities for the initial
        conditions.  A call to Simulation_initBlock sets initial conditions on
        each block, and an eos call follows which ensures the initial values are
        thermodynamically consistent.  The value of eosModeInit determines the
        mode in which these eos calls operate.  Possible values are "dens_ie",
        where density and internal energy are supplied and pressure and
        temperature are returned; "dens_pres", where density and pressure are
        given and energy and temperature are computed; and "dens_temp", where
        density and temperature are given and pressure and energy are computed.
        Other values may also be available as, depending on whether a multiTemp
        Eos is used and on implementation of additional physics.

Adam