[FLASH-USERS] Errors occur during 'make' in Mac OS Big Sur.

이영민 ymlee9211 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 23:46:46 EST 2021

Dear all,

Hi, recently I updated my Mac OS to Big Sur.
When it was Catalina, I made an executable file without any error. At that
time the versions of MPICH, HDF5, and GCC were 3.3, 1.10.4, and 8.2.0,
respectively.
After update my mac OS to Big Sur, I also updated Xcode, Xcode command-line
tools, MPICH, HDF5, and GCC (Now the versions of Mpich, hdf5, GCC are
3.3.2_1 & 1.12.0_1 & 10.2.0_3).
Definitely, I modified the library paths in the Makefile.h file.

The error messages occur when I made an executable file (of Sedov) on the
object folder like this :
--------

amr_1blk_cc_prol_gen_unk_fun.F90:53:0:

   53 |      &                          + mpi_wtime() - time1

Warning: 'time1' may be used uninitialized in this function [
-Wmaybe-uninitialized]

or,

amr_migrate_tree_data.F90:634:23:

  498 |            Call MPI_IRECV(parentt(1,i),2,MPI_INTEGER,
  &

      |                          2

  634 |         Call MPI_IRECV(buffert(1,i),buf_size,
  &

      |                       1

Error: Type mismatch between actual argument at (1) and actual argument at
(2) (REAL(8)/INTEGER(4)).

--------

I had tried changing MPICH to Open-mpi, or checked typo in Makefile.h etc...
But I can't solve this problem.

Does anyone ever suffer the same problem like me?
or if you have any idea, please let me know.

--
Young-Min Lee
Ph.D. student