[FLASH-USERS] huge jump of hydrodynamic properties

Ernesto Zurbriggen ezurbriggen at unc.edu.ar
Fri Feb 12 09:04:06 EST 2021

Hi Maksim!

It may happen your perturbation is too strong. It generates a ~10^4
pressure jump which is pretty much.
To support that you will need a strong setup.

You could try either beginning with a much less energetic pulse, let's say
a ~5 pressure jump,
or: increase your spatial resolution; use a more diffusive
riermannSolver and slopeLimiter;
setting smaller cfl values, etc.

Best for you!

--
*Dr. Ernesto Zurbriggen, FAPESP posdoctoral fellow*

*Email: ernesto.zurbriggen at craam.mackenzie.br
<ernesto.zurbriggen at craam.mackenzie.br>Phone: +55 11-2114-8783*
*Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie, *
*Escola de Engenharia, *
*Centro de Rádio Astronomia e Astrofísica Mackenzie (CRAAM),*
*Rua da Consolação 896, 01302-907, SP, São Paulo, Brasil.*