[FLASH-USERS] Error of physical units in the eos_idealGamma implementation

RIGON Gabriel gabriel.rigon at nagoya-u.jp
Mon Feb 15 23:33:16 EST 2021

Hi,

Actually there is a quick fix to this problem, but I'm not sure it is
100% compatible with all of FLASH units.
In the case of EosMain/Gamma, the parameter use for (Na k) is the ideal
gas constant define in PhysicalConstant_init.F90. Since this parameter
is always divided by A in this EoS implementation, we can just change
its units in PhysicialConstant_init going from : len 2, time -2, mass 1,
temp -1, charge 0, substance -1 to len 2, time -2, mass 0, temp -1,
charge 0, substance 0.
But one should make sure this change won't negatively impact the other
units.

Best,
Gabriel

--
Gabriel Rigon
Laboratory for Theoretical Astronomy & Astrophysics (TA-Lab)