[FLASH-USERS] setup 2D spherical simulation

RIGON Gabriel gabriel.rigon at nagoya-u.jp
Wed Feb 17 20:10:49 EST 2021

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
So If I understand it, you can't use "periodic" boundary conditions in
the angular direction (y), is that right?

I tried the "SodSpherical" as suggest, using the

By the way I test, the "SodSpherical" setup command written in the flash
documentation:
"./setup SodSpherical -auto -2d -geometry=spherical"

While the simulation can be initialized normally, it does not give any
results:
The first checkpoint (sod_sph_hdf5_chk_0000) contains the expected data,
but starting from the second one (0001) the data are all wrong, or more
precisely they don't exist anymore ("dens" is -none- everywhere).

I'm currently using FLASH4.6.2. I suppose something is wrong with either
my installation of FLASH or with this version of FLASH.
Could someone try the "SodSpherical" problem and tell me if they obtain
the same results.

Best regards,
Gabriel

--
Gabriel Rigon
Laboratory for Theoretical Astronomy & Astrophysics (TA-Lab)