[FLASH-USERS] [EXT] different equations of states for different species

Maksim Kozlov maksim.kozlov at nu.edu.kz
Sat Feb 20 01:26:22 EST 2021

Dear Marissa, Klaus and Hanif,
Many thanks for your inputs - I really appreciate them! I do understand
that my problem goes beyond what FLASH currently does and therefore
requires significant new coding. Coding tabulated data is just a technical
problem whereas Klaus' question "How to combine "two different EoS" in
cells that contain both species?" is of essential importance. I am trying
to find some publications on this subject. Currently I think that I can
find partial pressures of both species from separate EoS. Densities of both
species are already updated by separate equations of continuity. Velocities
are updated by one momentum conservation equation which is linear in
pressure so I just need to add up all partial pressures to find "averaged"
velocity. Energy conservation equation is linear in density and pressure so
again I need to use sums of densities and pressures over all species to
update "averaged" energy (total or internal). This averaged internal
energy should be used in EoS for each species along with corresponding
density to find partial pressures of each species. Please let me know your
opinion.
Thank you very much!
Maksim Kozlov