[FLASH-USERS] Retrieving values in HYPRE matrix

Alberti, Anthony L anthony.alberti at oregonstate.edu
Thu Feb 25 21:48:33 EST 2021

Hi folks,

I’m interested in retrieving the values written to the matrix for the system of equations built in source/Grid/GridSolvers/HYPRE/UG/gr_hypreCreateMatrix.F90. After BoxVal is filled and then assigned to gr_hypreMatA (via the call to HYPRE_SStructMatrixSetBoxValues) I’ve added a snippet of code that attempts to retrieve the values just written to gr_hypreMatA and writes to the screen a comparison of BoxVal and an array of reals called test – see the snippet below. However, when I run this the values for BoxVal and test are not even close. Does anyone have an idea on how to alter this snippet so test and BoxVal are the same?

allocate(test(nentries*product(datasize(1:NDIM)))) !nentries * total number of grid cells per block )
call HYPRE_SStructMatrixGetBoxValues(gr_hypreMatA, mypart, gr_hypreLower(lb,1:NDIM), &
     gr_hypreUpper(lb,1:NDIM), var, nentries, stencil_indices(1:nentries), test(:), ierr)
do i=1,nentries*product(datasize(1:NDIM))
   WRITE(*,fmt='(I4.0, 6X, E15.9, 6X, E15.9)') i, BoxVal(i), test(i)
end do
call exit(0)

Thanks in advance,
Tony

Tony Alberti
Postdoctoral Scholar
School of Nuclear Science and Engineering
https://ne.oregonstate.edu/tony-alberti