[FLASH-USERS] Error When Running LaserSlab On FLASH 4.6.1

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Fri Jan 8 14:51:55 EST 2021

On Fri, 8 Jan 2021, Jared Guzman wrote:

> So running that line within my object directory creates the command,
> however, new commands are now sought by the system, such as the one
> attached. If i run the line you sent, replacing 'Burn_interface.F90' with
> the missing command, then a new error pops up, repeating the same text just
> missing a different one each time (i.e. create Burn_interface, but
> ut_sysMemData.mod is missing, create ut_sysMemData.mod
> but gr_pmFlashHookData.o is missing, creating that but IncompNS_interface.o
> is missing, etc.)
>
> There seem to be numerous commands missing, is there a way I can find out
> all the files that havent been built by Make?

Jared,

You are using the word "command" in a strange way that makes it a bit
difficult to understand what you mean. Perhaps you mean "file".

What you have described confirms, or at least is consistent with, the
assumption that your compiler works, and that it is only the build process
using make that does not behave properly.

If you have access to another machine or environment where the build
process works properly, you could compare that environment to yours and
hopefully narrow down what causes the difference.

If you don't have access to another machine or environment, perhaps you
can build within a Docker container, as described in the User's Guide.

Here is another thing you can try. This is not a proper solution, but may
help work around your problem (or not).  Instead of just

 make

use a command like

 make FFLAGS='-c -g -r8 -i4 -real_size 64' CFLAGS='-c -I /opt/apps/intel15_3/openmpi3_0/phdf5/1.8.16/include -DH5_USE_16_API'

You may have to modify those flags and maybe add some others.