[FLASH-USERS] Boundary conditions

Thibault Goudal thibault.goudal at u-bordeaux.fr
Wed Jan 13 18:22:53 EST 2021

Hi dear Flash Community,
I wish you all the best for the incoming year.

I would like to set a 2D cartesian simulation with laser ablation by respecting some boundary specifications.

    * The Y direction will be the laser propagation so it seems good to set the y-boundaries as outflow for all kind of physics (hydro + electron conduction).
    * In the artificial Z direction (1cm thick), I would like to avoid any leaking effect so use reflecting for all the physical quantites.
    * In the X direction, I would like the boundaries to have a periodic behaviour.

For the conduction entries in the flash.par, it seems than only Neumann and Dirichlet conditions can be set (it is defined for the hydro).

Do you have any idea about how I can manage to set the boundaries that I need?

Thanks to all

--
Thibault Goudal
PhD Student CEA