[FLASH-USERS] interaction of 2 flows with different species

acreyes acreyes acreyes at ucsc.edu
Tue Jan 19 12:17:35 EST 2021

Hi Antoine,

You can accomplish this with the MultiSpecies unit combined with the
MultiGamma EOS implementation. The easiest way would be to add the
following to your setup line "species=spc1,spc2
--with-unit=physics/Eos/EosMain/Multigamma",
where spc1 & spc2 can be any 4 character name you want.  You can then
specify the gamma for each species with the runtime parameters
"ms_spc1Gamma" & "ms_spc2Gamma". You'll also need to set the
appropriate mass fractions for each species in your initial conditions.
Take a look at the following section in the user guide
<http://flash.uchicago.edu/site/flashcode/user_support/flash4_ug_4p62/node89.html>
for
some of the other runtime parameters generated by the setup for the
MultiSpecies.

Adam