[FLASH-USERS] outflow boundary conditions

Maksim Kozlov maksim.kozlov at nu.edu.kz
Tue Jul 13 03:53:54 EDT 2021

Dear flash users,
I would really appreciate it if somebody explains to me the exact meaning
of outflow boundary conditions in FLASH. The only explanation that I was
able to find in the user's manual is that outflow boundary conditions mean
zero gradient boundary conditions that allow shock to leave the domain.
Could you please explain to me the gradient of what is zero and why it
allows shock to leave the domain. How does flash assign values of pressure,
density, velocity and energy on the outflow boundaries?
thank you very much
Maksim Kozlov