[FLASH-USERS] Question about permissions for distributing user-made setups

John ZuHone jzuhone at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 21:17:38 EDT 2021

Hi folks,

This is a question for anyone who has knowledge about how FLASH licensing affects distribution of code written by end-users, in particular simulation setups.

Suppose I write a setup which goes in SimulationMain, but it is not contributed upstream back to the FLASH main repository itself for a release. Am I allowed to distribute it on (say) github? In theory anyone could download it from there. This gets tricky because even though most of the code is written by me, some of it is lightly edited routines from elsewhere in the code (say a modified Grid_markRefineDerefine.F90).

I had a look at the license and it doesn’t seem to cover this question, so any help from anyone “in the know” here would be useful.

Best,

John ZuHone