[FLASH-USERS] Supersonic Turbulence using the PPM method

Tristan juwj at mail2.sysu.edu.cn
Wed Jun 2 05:21:15 EDT 2021

Hello,everyone:
	I am working on a simulation	with high Mach number turbulence using the StirFromFile unit, I using the forcing_generator.F90 to generate the Driving force seed with the Mach at 12(by changed the st_energy). But I did’t know how to choose a suitable Solver for the Stir unit.
	I tried the split PPM solver, and the two parameters to the flash.par:
```
	use_steepening = .false. # use contact steepening (originally for PPM)
	hybrid_riemann = .true.
```
My program broke down quickly, and the error output is:

 Terminating execution.
 DRIVER_ABORT: Nonconvergence in subroutine rieman
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 46

I also attached the flash.par and the output file for you to check my work. If someone have a better Solver choice in Supersonic (Mach above 12) turbulence simulation. Please help me!
Thanks
Best wishes!