[FLASH-USERS] Magnetic field in LaserSlab

Ryan Farber rjfarber at umich.edu
Fri Jun 25 08:50:05 EDT 2021

I really don't know the LaserSlab example. Two thoughts though

1) In flash.par do you have ForceHydroLimit = .true. ? You'll need that
parameter .false. in order to have non-zero magnetic fields evolved
2) In your problem directory's Simulation_initBlock are MAGX_VAR:MAGZ_VAR
initialized? Also are face{x,y,z}Data initialized? Are there any "if"
conditions preventing them from receiving non-zero values?

Best,
--------
Ryan