[FLASH-USERS] EOS for guard cells

Alan Calder alan.calder at stonybrook.edu
Sat Jun 26 09:56:21 EDT 2021

Hi Maksim,

I had a similar problem once that may be what you are seeing. Does this
happen right after the mesh has refined?

I was working with a relativistic hydro solver. The problem was that when
the mesh refined, new guard cells were created but not filled. Thus no
values were set for the variables. Some of the sweeps included guard cells,
but as the new block just had some random gibberish in the guard cells, the
requirement that |v| < c was not always satisfied and the code would stop.

You could try adding a call to guard cell filling just before you call the
EOS to be sure you have "fresh" values in the guard cells.

Hope this helps!

Alan

--
Alan C. Calder