[FLASH-USERS] how to use a new variable in ed_traceBlockRays1DRec.F90

Antoine Gintrand antoine.gintrand at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 12:12:06 EST 2021

Dear flash users,

I have a question regarding the file ed_traceBlockRays1DRec.F90
where the energy deposition is performed in 1D.

I have implemented a new variable in a new physical module
to take into account the fact that my material has a foam
structure with a new variable solnData(FOAM_VAR,i,j,k)
and I want to use it to change the absorption of the cell
in the energy deposition according to
the value of this new variable state of the cell.

So, I want to know how the electron numerical  density Nele (for example)
is used in ed_traceBlockRays1DRec.F90 in order to do the same with
my new variable FOAM.

I can see that at some point we use in this file ed_cellNele ( i, 1, 1)
where i is the position of the cell crossed by the ray.
This array  ed_cellNele comes from the EnergyDeposition_data.F90 file.
if I print it during the simulation it shows the right value of the
electron density.

However I do not understand how this variable takes the value from
the density solnData(DENS_VAR,i,j,k) of the cell ? In other words, I would
like
to know where in the code we do something like  ed_cellNele = ???

Thank you so much for any suggestions,

Best regards,

Antoine