[FLASH-USERS] inconsistent grid state, missing neighbor errors

Maksim Kozlov maksim.kozlov at nu.edu.kz
Sun Mar 7 09:36:59 EST 2021

Dear Friends,
I am experimenting with SodStep in cylindrical geometry. I run the
following setup
./setup SodStep -auto -2d -geometry=cylindrical
When I change initial conditions and domain to ones shown in without.pdf
file
(sim_rhoLeft = 0.125
sim_rhoRight = 1.
sim_pLeft = 0.1
sim_pRight = 1.
sim_uLeft = 0.
sim_uRight = 0.)
everything works just fine. However when I further change initial
conditions adding following lines
         if ((yy < 0.188).or.(yy > 0.812)) then
              rhoZone = sim_rhoLeft
              presZone = sim_pLeft
            endif
to  Simulation_initBlock.F90 (shown in with.pdf) simulation starts to work
fine but after first mesh refinement I receive "inconsistent grid state"
and "missing neighbor" errors after which code aborts (please see sod.log).
Any ideas on what causes this problem and what can be done would be greatly
appreciated.
Many thanks!
MAksm Kozlov