[FLASH-USERS] solnData and Grid_putPointData

Antoine Gintrand antoine.gintrand at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 08:29:08 EDT 2021

Dear flash users,

I created a new module with the new variable FPOS.

In the laser slab simulation initBlock,

I initialize the value of this variable by doing :

call Grid_putPointData(blockId, CENTER, FPOS_VAR, EXTERIOR, axis, pos1)

where pos1 = 0.1e-4

I verify with the visualisation software Visit that the value is 0.1e-4
everywhere for this variable at time = 0.

The problem is when I want to modify this variable in my new module I use
solnData(FPOS_VAR, i, j, k) and when I print it I see the value NaN.

It seems that solnData(FPOS_VAR,i,j,k) is not filed with any value.
But if I print for example the value of ion temperature initialized in the
same way
in the initBlock simulation file, solnData(TION_VAR,i,j,k) it gives me the
right value.

If anybody has an idea of this issue with solnData(FPOS_VAR,i,j,k) = NaN ??
It would help me a lot.

Thank you for your help,

Antoine