[FLASH-USERS] Mismatch errors while compiling a problem

sasharos at campus.technion.ac.il sasharos at campus.technion.ac.il
Sat May 8 10:04:16 EDT 2021

Hello flash-users,

I'm new to FLASH simulation and I have a problem at the initial step. I'm running Arch Linux on my pc and packages like mpich and hdf5 I installed from the AUR repository. Now the first problem I had was that "./setup Sedov -auto" doesn't work and "python2 setup_alt Sedov -auto" must be used for Sedov problem initiation. I believe this is because some compatibility issues but as long as the Sedov problem is initiated I think I can proceed.
The next problem occured when I tried the following: "python2 setup_alt Sedov -auto -debug". In such a manner the Sedov problem is initiated but failed to compile with a lot of mistmatch error message. Looking back to the initiation by "python2 setup_alt Sedov -auto" I noticed a lot of error mismatch error messages like this one:

"...
/opt/mpich/bin/mpif90 -ggdb -c -O2 -fdefault-real-8 -fdefault-double-8 -Wuninitialized  -DMAXBLOCKS=1000 -DNXB=8 -DNYB=8 -DNZB=1 -DN_DIM=2 mpi_amr_check_derefine.F90
mpi_amr_check_derefine.F90:150:33:

   53 |                Call MPI_IRECV(refine_par(i),                           &
      |                              2
  150 |                   Call MPI_IRECV(nodetype_recv(isg),                   &
      |                                 1
Warning: Type mismatch between actual argument at (1) and actual argument at (2) (INTEGER(4)/LOGICAL(4)).
..."

I would appreciate any help with this issue.
Thanks!

Alexander Rososhek