[FLASH-USERS] Sinusoidal Interface

Acharya, Nitish nachary2 at ur.rochester.edu
Thu Sep 9 13:07:15 EDT 2021

Dear all,

I am trying to simulate a laserslab problem with an initial sinusoidal perturbation embedded (figure attached). As shown in the figure, I initialize the perturbation wavelength to be 125 um on a target width of 500 um (along x).  I don't understand why the perturbation is non-periodic? When I measure the wavelength manually in VisIt, it turns out to be ~ 130 um.

Could someone explain what might have went wrong here? I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Nitish

Nitish Acharya

PhD Student