[FLASH-USERS] [EXTERNAL] Re: Value of dt_hydro is going to negative infinity

Prashant Tarey tarey.prashant at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 00:25:40 EDT 2021

Hi Madhav,

It worked for me, I am using FLASH4.6, try this:

1) Setup the "FlatPlate" case with -3d flag, with the following command.
Here, instead of using a default name for object directory, I am naming the
object directory as "Flat3D", and any other name will also work
./setup FlatPlate -objdir=Flat3D -3d -auto

2)Copy the "flash.par.3d_naca_tested" file available in
"/source/Simulation/SimulationMain/FlatPlate/"; to the newly created object
directory "Flat3D", as "flash.par"
cp /source/Simulation/SimulationMain/FlatPlate/ flash.par.3d_naca_tested
Flat3D/flash.par

3) Compile the code,
make

4)The default case is "sim_number = 3 (naca2412);", and it is all set to run
mpirun -np 8 ./flash4
With just 8 processors, and "lrefine_max= 6", (the default value in
flash.par), the MAXBLOCKS limit exceeds, by setting "lrefine_max= 5", I was
able to run the simulation. If you have more processors, "lrefine_max     =
6" should work too.

Let me know how it goes!

Thank you.
Best regards,