[FLASH-USERS] Installing FLASH in an OpenSUSE machine

Gabriel Pérez Callejo gabriel.perez.callejo at uva.es
Fri Aug 26 06:29:26 EDT 2022

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to install FLASH in a cluster that we have at the
University, and we are running into some problems with which I hoped
you'd be able to assist. We are using openmpi-4.0.5, hypre-2.11.2 and
hdf5-1.10.7, on an OpenSUSE 15.2 machine. The Sedov case seems to run
fine, but when we try to test the LaserSlab example, which requires
working in parallel, something is failing.

Our problem at the moment, is that we do not even know what is failing.
The code is not raising an error call, but it simply freezes while
running the LaserSlab case. It initializes correctly, but right after
establishing the initial dt, it does not print anything else. It does
not stop either, it just stays open, but with no CPU use.

My guess is tat the problem is coming from writing the HDF5 file, since
the next step in the simulation would be to write the initial checkpoint
file. But I have never run into such issue. We were wondering whether it
is possible that the problem comes from running FLASH in openSUSE rather
than Ubuntu (I have it installed in an Ubuntu 18 machine and it works fine).

Would you happen to know how that issue could be solved? Is there
anything that I can send to make this clearer?

Best wishes,

--
*Gabriel Pérez-Callejo*
Postdoctoral Research Fellow /Margarita Salas/