[FLASH-USERS] setup internal error

Harold J Johnson harold.johnson at utexas.edu
Tue Aug 30 15:24:39 EDT 2022

Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting up flash for the first time on a linux
virtualbox. I'm pretty new to this in general and have followed the flash
manual but I'm running into a problem when setting up the Sedov explosion
problem and I've really no idea how to fix it. Any assistance or pointing
me in the right direction would be helpful.

fyi the error reads:
harry at harry-VirtualBox:~/Documents/FLASH4.6.2$ ./setup Sedov -auto

A setup internal error has occured, if possible please email the following
debugging info to flash-bugs at flash.uchicago.edu
Arguments: ['/home/harry/Documents/FLASH4.6.2/bin/setup.py', 'Sedov',
'-auto']
Python Version: 3.10.4
Platform Details: linux
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/harry/Documents/FLASH4.6.2/bin/setup.py", line 315, in
<module>
    raise e
  File "/home/harry/Documents/FLASH4.6.2/bin/setup.py", line 300, in
<module>
    main()
  File "/home/harry/Documents/FLASH4.6.2/bin/setup.py", line 16, in main
    sys.setcheckinterval(10000) # this is not threaded application
AttributeError: module 'sys' has no attribute 'setcheckinterval'. Did you
mean: 'setswitchinterval'?

Harold JJ