[FLASH-USERS] Error writing initial HDF5 checkpoint and plot files

Deepali ddeepali at hs.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Dec 12 11:44:19 EST 2022

Dear Flash users & developers,

I am trying to simulate a 3D Bonnor-Ebert sphere type setup using AMR
grid on HLRN machine (https://www.hlrn.de/doc/display/PUB/Usage+Guide
<https://www.hlrn.de/doc/display/PUB/Usage+Guide>). I use the following
compiler and hdf5 modules:

intel/18.0.6

impi/2018.5(default)

hdf5/intel/1.10.5

But I am facing a problem with the writing of initial HDF5 checkpoint
and plot files. FLASH initializes all the units needed and then produces
the error mentioned in the simulation log file (flash.log) attached with
this email.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions in order to resolve this
error. Please let me know if I should share any other information.

Thanks and regards,

Deepali