[FLASH-USERS] Expansion of Target

Scott Feister sfeister at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 14:33:22 EST 2022

Hi Benbayer,

This is a well-known issue in our community, for those studying
laser-plasma interactions. FLASH treats everything as a plasma. There are
no chemical bonds (e.g. solids physics, liquids physics) which are in the
code and would physically prevent such expansion. One workaround can be
explained better by others, is to "freeze" the hydrodynamics on cells who
do not exceed a certain temperature. We can do that using a variable in
flash called "BDRY". I will leave it to others to elaborate.

As a starting point, search through our past forum discussions for "BDRY".
For example, here's a good syntax in Google to search the entire FLASH
website:
"BDRY site:https://flash.rochester.edu/"

https://www.google.com/search?q=BDRY+site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fflash.rochester.edu%2F&oq=BDRY+site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fflash.rochester.edu%2F&aqs=chrome..69i57.4755j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Hope this helps!