[FLASH-USERS] Laser Slab Problem Setup with constant magnetic field

Patrick Cappello cappello at udel.edu
Wed Jan 19 15:15:13 EST 2022

Dear FLASH users,

I’m trying to setup a laser slab simulation where there is a constant magnetic field in the y-direction. I already added:

D sim_magy and PARAMETER sim_magy REAL 5.0e05 to the Config file
real, save :: sim_magy  and logical, save :: sim_killdivb= .true. to Simulation_data.F90
call RuntimeParameters_get(’sim_magy’, sim_magy) to Simulation_initBlock.F90
sim_magy = 5.0e05 to flash.par

The problem I’m having is that the magnetic field only lasts for one time step and doesn’t remain in the simulation after that. Is there some way I make the magnetic field last for the duration of the simulation?

Thank you
Patrick Cappello