[FLASH-USERS] Laser intensity (in W/cm^2) in laserslab problems

赵旭 xuzhao1994 at sjtu.edu.cn
Mon Jul 4 10:13:19 EDT 2022

Dear FLASH user & developers,

I have a question about how to show the 'laser intensity' (in unit like W/cm^2) at a certain density contour, i.e., at 1/4 critical denisty surface.

The laser intenisty is important for laser-plasma interaction study and often provided by hydro codes cause it will be attenuated (like by collisional absorption) when the laser penetrate the plasma.

1) So is there any way to show the laser intensity of a laserslab problem ?

2) I notice that there are 2 VARs named 'depo' and 'lase' related to adsorption in FLASH but I dont know the units of them and if they can represent the 'laser intensity'.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks !

Zhao Xu

--