[FLASH-USERS] Error encountered when try to setup a problem

Wang, Christine jierui.wang20 at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jul 25 05:26:54 EDT 2022

Hi all,

Sorry to bother you. I have encountered an setup internal error when using:

/setup Sedov -auto

command. The error message is the following:

A setup internal error has occured, if possible please email the following
debugging info to flash-bugs at flash.uchicago.edu
Arguments: ['/home/laserplasma/Downloads/FLASH4.6.2/bin/setup.py', 'Sedov', '-auto']
Python Version: 3.10.4
Platform Details: linux
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/laserplasma/Downloads/FLASH4.6.2/bin/setup.py", line 315, in <module>
    raise e
  File "/home/laserplasma/Downloads/FLASH4.6.2/bin/setup.py", line 300, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/laserplasma/Downloads/FLASH4.6.2/bin/setup.py", line 16, in main
    sys.setcheckinterval(10000) # this is not threaded application
AttributeError: module 'sys' has no attribute 'setcheckinterval'. Did you mean: 'setswitchinterval'?

Would you please help me look at the error? Would this due the system is not fully statisfied the requirements?
Many thanks.

best regards,
Christine