[FLASH-USERS] Simulation breaks with message "DRIVER_ABORT: ed_beamsCheck2DCyl3D: Quartic root failure for lens!"

Boller, Pascal P.Boller at gsi.de
Mon Jun 13 09:25:53 EDT 2022

Hi all,

I tried to simulate the laser-matter interaction with copper. In this simulation the laser irradiate the target at 45 deg.
However the simulation breaks (almost at the beginning of the simulation) and I have no idea how to fix this. In the log-file I get the message:
"DRIVER_ABORT: ed_beamsCheck2DCyl3D: Quartic root failure for lens!"
Attached you can find the .par file and the log-file. I pretty much followed the 'LaserSlab' Example provided by Flash.

If someone could help me, I would be very happy.

Best wishes

Pascal Boller