[FLASH-USERS] Viscosity In FLASH

Gamertsfelder, Jake (gamertjb) gamertjb at mail.uc.edu
Wed Mar 2 13:02:58 EST 2022

Dear FLASH users,

I have a question relating to viscosity implementation in FLASH. When I ran the flat plate test case at low Mach numbers it appears as there is some form of built-in viscosity in the unsplit hydro solver as evidence by the boundary layer on the flat plate and at low Mach numbers this boundary layer thickness is close to the Blasius solution for boundary layer thickness.  If there is a built-in viscosity for the Hydro solver, how would I go about changing the viscosity?  If there is no built-in viscosity in the hydro solver what is the cause of these viscosity like effects?  and what is the proper way to implement the Viscosity unit In FLASH?

Best Regards,
Jacob Gamertsfelder