[FLASH-USERS] Problem of unable to load hdf5 libraries libhdf5.so.200

Po-Yu Chang pchang at mail.ncku.edu.tw
Mon May 2 10:34:58 EDT 2022

Hi all,

I recently try to setup Flash on my machine. I followed the tutorial
talk for OLUG in 2014. I believed that I have installed HDF5, HYPRE, and
NetCDF successfully.

I have HDF5 installed in the folder: /usr/local/lib/HDF5-parallel .
I have HYPRE installed in the folder: /usr/local/lib/HYPRE .
I have NetCDF installed in the folder: /usr/local/lib/netcdf .

Therefore, I have set the path in the Makefile.h as following:

HDF5_PATH = /usr/local/lib/HDF5-parallel
HYPRE_PATH=/usr/local/lib/HYPRE
NCMPI_PATH=/usr/local/lib/netcdf

I am now trying the test run "Sedov" suggested in section 2.2 in the
user guide. I compiled the project successfully. However, when I try to
run by typing "./flash4", I got the following error message:

./flash4: error while loading shared libraries: libhdf5.so.200: cannot

However, I checked the folder "/usr/local/lib/HDF5-parallel/lib/" and
found the following files in the folder:
libhdf5.so
libhdf5.so.200
libhdf5.so.200.2.0

In other words, "libhdf5.so.200" is in the folder.

So, I am not sure what else can cause this problem and how to solve the
problem.

Did anyone encounter the same problem before? How do I solve it?

Thank you so much.

Cheers,

Po-Yu

--