[FLASH-USERS] Setting of average atomic mass

Ernesto Zurbriggen ezurbriggen at unc.edu.ar
Mon May 30 12:00:57 EDT 2022

Hi Po-Yu!
The average atomic weight is set up by the runtime parameter
*eos_singleSpeciesA*,
whose default value is 1.0 representing a pure hydrogen fluid.
In addition the atomic number is set up by *eos_singleSpeciesZ.*

The FlatPlate test uses the ideal equations of state calculated by the
*source/physics/Eos/EosMain/Gamma* unit.
One of the equation of state is
*pres = R_gas/eos_singleSpeciesA*dens*temp*

And to know about the thermodynamic variable independence see the runtime
parameters:
*eosMode* and *eosModeInit*.

All the best!
Ernesto.

El lun, 30 may 2022 a las 10:47, Andy Sha Liao (<andy at f.energy>) escribió:

> Po-Yu Chang,
>

> I recommend that you study the LaserSlab example and then build your
> simulations from that example.
>
> LaserSlab uses the Multispecies unit where you can set materials, e.g.,
> argon, so you can study how they interact to apply to your own problem.
>

> Andy
>

> On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 1:35 PM Po-Yu Chang <pchang at mail.ncku.edu.tw>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am simulating a pure hydrodynamic problem at this point. Therefore, I
>> modified the example "FlatPlate" for my simulations. In that example, I
>> specified the pressure and the density of the gas. Then, the temperature
>> is calculated somewhere in the program. I found that the average atomic
>> mass is A=1. However, I would like to simulate an Argon gas, i.e., A=40,
>> but I couldn't find a place to define the average atomic mass. Do anyone
>> know how I can define the average atomic mass? Thank you.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Po-Yu
>>
>> --
>> Po-Yu Chang
>> Assistant Professor
>> Institute of Space and Plasma Sciences (ISAPS)
>> National Cheng Kung University (NCKU)
>> No.1, University Road,
>> Tainan City 70101, Taiwan
>> (TEL) +886-6-2757575 ext. 65916
>> pchang at mail.ncku.edu.tw
>> http://capst.ncku.edu.tw/PGS/

*Dr. Ernesto Zurbriggen, *
*Investigador Asistente (CONICET)*
*​*

*Correo: ezurbriggen@ <ernesto.zurbriggen at craam.mackenzie.br>unc.edu.ar
<http://unc.edu.ar>​Teléfono IP: (+54) 351-535 3776 (int. 756001)*
*Instituto de Astronomía Teórica y Experimental (IATE-CONICET), *
*calle Francisco Laprida 922**, CP 5000, Córdoba, Argentina. *