[FLASH-USERS] A problem for the "Negative 3T internal energy"

Wu, Yaoxing wu1587 at purdue.edu
Tue Oct 4 21:56:42 EDT 2022

Dear FLASH users & developers,

I am simulating a laser pulse irradiated on a slab target based on the LaserSlab simulation in “cartesian 2D”. I have two questions during the simulation and attached the screenshots and .par file.

  1.  Sometimes the simulation is aborted after several nanoseconds and a message shows “Negative 3T internal energy”. This problem will occur when I adjust the “Domain size” and “Total number of blocks” in the .par file. Could you please tell me the reason and how to prevent this problem for long-time (>500 ns) simulation?

  1.  The surface of the target is filled with a high-temperature region even far from the laser interaction position. It is not reasonable because the plume of laser produced slab plasma is like an elliptic.

Thanks. I would appreciate for your any help.

Regards,
Yaoxing Wu