[FLASH-USERS] Significant difference was found in 2d LaserSlab simulation between in cylindrical and cartesian coordiates

Wu, Yaoxing wu1587 at purdue.edu
Thu Oct 27 03:50:03 EDT 2022

Dear Zhu,

Thanks a lot for your message. This problem has been solved according to your message. The intensity has been modified when I set the ed_adjustBeamsTargetIntensity as .true. and get similar results between the 2D cartesian and cylindrical.

However, the input laser energies shown in the lasslab_LaserEnergyProfile.dat have significant different values in both cases, indicating that the laser beam intensities were same but with different input laser energies.

This is fine and it can work now.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,
Yaoxing Wu