[FLASH-USERS] Use of implicit diffusion solver with AMR

Madhav Nagori mnagori at uncc.edu
Wed Apr 5 10:31:48 EDT 2023

Hello FLASH users and Development Team,

I want to use the implicit diffusion solver for some very high resolution
cases of cell size 512*512*2048. For such high resolution, I want to use
AMR as the uniform mesh will take months to run.

The user guide tells that the paramesh is not available to the implicit
diffusion solver. Is it possible to modify the code so that I can run with
AMR?

P.S: I am using mass diffusion, viscosity diffusion and thermal diffusion
in my simulation. I tried using the explicit diffusion solver (Flux Based
Diffusion) with AMR, but that gave wrong results. However, the implicit
solver is providing the correct results.

Please let me know.

Thank You

--
Best Regards,

Madhav Nagori

PhD Candidate | Laboratory for Multiscale Computational Fluid Dynamics
Department of Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Sciences
Office: Duke 273, 9330 Robert D. Snyder Rd, Charlotte, NC 28262, USA
Email: mnagori at uncc.edu
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/madhav-nagori