[FLASH-USERS] Laser intensity in 2D cartesian LaserSlab

Wu, Yaoxing wu1587 at purdue.edu
Thu Apr 27 22:43:23 EDT 2023

Hi Kirill,

I am also trying to use the FLASH 4.7 code for a couple of laser produced plasma (LPP) application in 2D LaserSlab simulations in cartesian geometry.

For your first question, the third dimension of the laser spot size should be considered as unit length (1 cm) due to the laser cross-section function type “gaussian1D”. The laser beam intensity in 3D cartesian should be adjusted or set the runtime parameter “ed adjustBeamsTargetIntensity” equal to true in 2D cartesian. I attached this part description from the FLASH 4.7 manual to let you know how to convert the laser intensity. I hope this could help you.

For your second question, I also find some description about the “depo” variable and attached it but I am not sure whether it will help you.

By the way, I also have a question about how to add an external constant magnetic field during the LPP LaserSlab simulation. I would really appreciate it if you could provide some help.

Thanks.

Regards,
Yaoxing Wu