[FLASH-USERS] Problem trying to change species name from 'target' to 'buzz' in LasSlab example

Rodger, Izzy rodger1 at llnl.gov
Tue Aug 1 15:09:09 EDT 2023

I hope this email finds everybody well!

I'm trying to change the name of the species in the LaserSlab from 'target' to 'buzz' to get a better understanding for how to use FLASH. I specified it in the setup line, and have gone through the FLASH.par, Simulation_initBlock.F90, Simulation_init.F90 and Simulation_data.F90 files and changed every instance of target to buzz and every instance of Targ to Buzz by hand. The make command runs fine, but then when I try to run the flash4 executable I get the error message:

RuntimeParameters_read:  ignoring unknown parameter "sim_buzzRadius"...
RuntimeParameters_read:  ignoring unknown parameter "sim_buzzHeight"...
RuntimeParameters_read:  ignoring unknown parameter "sim_rhoBuzz"...
RuntimeParameters_read:  ignoring unknown parameter "sim_teleBuzz"...
RuntimeParameters_read:  ignoring unknown parameter "sim_tionBuzz"...
RuntimeParameters_read:  ignoring unknown parameter "sim_tradBuzz"...

Which is later followed by:

WARNING: requested real parameter 'sim_buzzRadius' not found

Before the program aborts.

Please can somebody provide advice on how to fix this?

Kind regards,
Izzy