[FLASH-USERS] Python visualization

Özgür Culfa ozgurculfa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 03:06:12 EST 2023

Dear all,

I am a new user of FLASH and trying to sort out how to do the
visualization. Visit didn't really work for me since it was giving a plugin
error somehow it couldn't recognize the hdf5 file type. So I switched the
python tool.

I have done the installations and it seemed successful. However, when I try
to plot a sample, I got the following error:

 raise YTFieldNotFound((ftype, fname), self)
yt.utilities.exceptions.YTFieldNotFound: Could not find field '('io',
'sumy')' in sedov_hdf5_chk_0004

I couldnt find a solution how to fix this. I would appreciate any help.
Besides, I couldn't have an access the presentation in this link
http://flash.uchicago.edu/site/flashcode/user_support/yt_flash_informal.pdf
If anyone has this presentation, would you be able to send it to me?

Kind regards
Ozgur Culfa