[FLASH-USERS] Help compiling Sedov

Alvaro Sanchez alvaro.sanchez at greentownsbyfusion.com
Tue Jan 24 08:05:54 EST 2023

Hello dear flash-users community,

It is the first time I'm posting so I'm not sure about how to do it, I've read that I have to email this address so here we go.

I'm just starting in FLASH so maybe my error is completely stupid, so sorry in advance for my lack of knowledge about FLASH. The problem is as follows:
When following the user's guide instructions for running the Sedov case, I'm always getting the same error when I do 'make' within the 'object' folder:

/usr/local/Cellar/mpich/4.0.3/bin/mpicc -I /usr/local/Cellar/hdf5/1.12.2_2/include -DH5_USE_16_API -O2  -c -DMAXBLOCKS=1000 -DNXB=8 -DNYB=8 -DNZB=1 -DN_DIM=2 -DDarwin io_attribute.c

io_attribute.c:66:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'Driver_abortFlashC' is invalid in C99 [-Werror,-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

    Driver_abortFlashC("[io_attribute_create]: Unknown I/O");

    ^

io_attribute.c:113:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'Driver_abortFlashC' is invalid in C99 [-Werror,-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

    Driver_abortFlashC("[io_attribute_write]: Unknown I/O");

    ^

2 errors generated.

make: *** [io_attribute.o] Error 1

I'm using a Mac with gfortran, so I tried the Prototype Darwin Makefile.h.gfortran, I also modified it, and even tried to create my own Makefile, but I receive always the same error. I also tried to change setup.py for the setup.py that comes within the Darwin folder but it is written in Python2, should I rewrite it for Py3?
Another important aspect could be that I installed all dependencies using Homebrew, is that relevant?
Could you please help me with this? I'm completely lost, thank you very very much in advance. I would be eternally graceful for any help.
🙂