[FLASH-USERS] Regarding ms_targZMin

Ong Jian Fuh jianfuh.ong at eli-np.ro
Mon Jan 30 03:44:51 EST 2023

Dear FLASH developers,

I am running FLASH4.7 using SESAME table for aluminum (mat id 3720). In
LaserSlab par file, ms_targZMin = 0.02. This is fine by using
al-imx-003.cn4, where the z_bar shows 0.02 for Targ species. But when I
use SESAME table (directly after sesame-extract with opacplot), the
z_bar is 2.461 although ms_targZMin = 0.02 is set. What is the reason in
this case? What is the difference with sim_zminTarg in config?

When I use "eos_gam" the z_bar is 13.

The problem in using SESAME is that there is no heating (I have used
BDRY condition), while there is heating using al-imx-003.cn4.

al-imx-003.cn4:

SESAME mat_id 3720

--
Regards,
Ong

Ong Jian Fuh
Extreme Light Infrastructure - Nuclear Physics
"Horia Hulubei" National Institute for Physics and Nuclear Engineering
30 Reactorului Street, 077125 Magurele (Ilfov), Romania
www.eli-np.ro