[FLASH-USERS] MHD simulation of plasma focus machine

Hansen, Eddie ehansen at pas.rochester.edu
Fri Jul 7 09:46:24 EDT 2023

Hi Christos,

It’s difficult to determine why this is happening without more information of what you’re trying to simulate. The ZPinch example problem uses several settings and units specific to Z-pinches, but it appears that you are not simulating a Z-pinch. For example, it includes a current drive with B-field diffusing in from the upper-r boundary condition, and a ‘vacuum’ region with very high constant resistivity.

I would need to know more about the modifications you made to the Simulation_* files, par file, Config, setup command, etc.

--
Eddie Hansen
Research Scientist