[FLASH-USERS] Sedov running time problem

Yên Bình yenbinhpy308 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 01:43:50 EDT 2023

Dear FLASH Users,

I have a problem with setting up the code for Sedov. I try to set up the
simulation box to 10^16 x 10^16:

*sim_xctr = 5.0e15*
*sim_yctr = 5.0e15*

*xmin = 0.xmax = 1.0e16ymin = 0.ymax = 1.0e16*

But when I try to run the simulation, the plot file does not have any sign
of an explosion (just a blank). I think it's because the box is too big so
I need to set the right value of the running time:

*# checkpoint file output parameterscheckpointFileIntervalTime =
0.01checkpointFileIntervalStep = 0checkpointFileNumber = 0# plotfile output
parametersplotfileIntervalTime = 1plotfileIntervalStep = 0plotfileNumber =
0nend            = 10000tmax            = 1.0e8*

But even if I set the time very high (10^8), nothing happens.

I really appreciate any help to solve this problem. Thank you in advance.

Binh.

[image: image.png]

Nguyen Thi Yen Binh

College Student

Space Science and Satellite Technology

University of Science and Technology of Ha Noi

binhnty.bi12-060 at st.usth.edu.vn

+84367533986

Tuy Hoa, Phu Yen, Viet Nam

<https://www.facebook.com/wbinhw>