[FLASH-USERS] Problems with using Laserslab models

Garcia Rubio, Fernando fgar at lle.rochester.edu
Thu Jul 20 10:31:26 EDT 2023

Hi Yanfei,

I can answer for the first question. The xl_boundary _type refers to the axis of symmetry if you run in cylindrical geometry, therefore reflecting is correct.  The direction related to the entrance of the laser is the yl_boundary_type, which should be set to “vacuum”. If your laser is not entering your domain, that might be due to another issue.

As a reminder, if you run the the 2D LaserSlab simulation with the ed_laser3Din2D = .true., the top-bottom direction becomes the Z direction for the laser beam properties. Maybe this is the root of your issues.

Hope this helps,

Fernando
Fernando García Rubio, PhD
Assistant Scientist