[FLASH-USERS] Random seed using blockId

Hansen, Eddie ehansen at pas.rochester.edu
Tue Jul 25 08:11:00 EDT 2023

Hi Pedro,

This is a previous approach that I had tried, but I tend to do randomization like this differently now. You can start the random number generator with sim_seed in the Simulation_init routine instead. Then just get and use random numbers in Simulation_initBlock. This has the benefit of making a domain random (without periodicity) but repeatable.

--
Eddie Hansen
Research Scientist