[FLASH-USERS] [EXT] Re: Extra Refinement for Area

Benjamin Musick musick_bj at tamu.edu
Tue Jun 6 14:56:54 EDT 2023

Hello Thomas and Sean,

For Paramesh, I have not had much success using Grid_markRefineSpecialized
but have obtained reasonably good results by calling gr_markInRectangle in
Grid_markRefineDerefine.

Once you refine those blocks, they will stay at that level. Logic needs to
be added to gr_markInRectangle to derefine the area if at a later time in
the simulation you desire a coarser mesh there.

Block count and max/min level of refinement may still need to be adjusted
to get good behavior.

Hope that helps you out.

Thanks,
Ben