[FLASH-USERS] Setting minimum ionization level in LaserSlab

Hansen, Eddie ehansen at pas.rochester.edu
Fri Jun 23 11:40:03 EDT 2023

Hi Hyungyu,

I think the choice is up to you. Critical density for 1053 nm is around 1.e21 1/cc, so yes with <Z> = 0.02, the initial ne is slightly above at 1.21e23 1/cc. I believe this choice was simply to get a good amount of absorption right away.

The Al will heat up quickly. To get to ne ~ 1.e23 1/cc requires a relatively small amount of ionization to <Z> = 1.7, which typically corresponds to around 18 eV.

So you can try initializing with ZMin = 1.7. If the Al heats up quickly, the results should not be too different.

--
Eddie Hansen
Research Scientist