[FLASH-USERS] Convertspect3d not working

Kaldawi, Thomas Tkal at lle.rochester.edu
Tue Jun 27 11:41:58 EDT 2023

Hello,

I am working in a conda environment where I installed all the required packages for the convertspect3d to work. However, when I run the command - python2 convertspect3d lasslab_hdf5_plt_cnt_0000 --species=cham,targ, it outputs the error:

Processing File: lasslab_hdf5_plt_cnt_0000
Output Name: lasslab_hdf5_plt_cnt_0000.exo
Dimensionality = 2
Number of Leaf Blocks = 53745
Block Size = 8, 8, 1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "convertspect3d", line 409, in <module>
    massfracs  = massfracs )
  File "convertspect3d", line 73, in convert
    geometry = ff.stringScalar("geometry").strip()
  File "/home/tkaldawi/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flash/flashfile/FlashFile.py", line 51, in stringScalar
    raise ValueError("Could not find string \"%s\"" % name)
ValueError: Could not find string "geometry"
Closing remaining open files:lasslab_hdf5_plt_cnt_0000...done

The file does get made, but I have attempted to read it with a few exo readers, and it will not open. Has anyone else managed to figure this out?

Thank you,

Thomas Kaldawi